Office on Mental Health Logo
Contact Us

125 N. Main St., Rear 
Bel Air, Maryland 21014
Tel: 410.803.8726
Fax: 410.803.8732

You are here: Sec. 503 for community providers

Call our toll-free telephone line

How much can I work when I receive Social Security disability benefits?

Will I lose my health coverage if I go to work?

What if I go to work and then my disability gets worse?

Consumers, families, advocates and professionals:

Do you have questions about Social Security’s work incentives and safety nets?

We open our toll-free telephone line on Mondays from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. and on Thursdays from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. to anyone. Call 1-855-384-2844.

You will speak with Shannon Smiles, a Certified Work Incentive Coordinator (CWIC).

This is a free, confidential service to help you make informed choices about going to work.

Section 503 for Community Providers

Outreach and Recruitment Activities

To best access Federal contractor job vacancy notices, as well as vacancies from all employers, individuals must register with the Maryland Workforce Exchange.

The Workforce Centers are also a resource for providing job seekers with:

Get to Know Your American Job Centers

The Baltimore metro area's One-Stop Career Centers are located in Baltimore County at Eastpoint, Liberty Center (Randallstown) and Hunt Valley; Cecil County in Elkton; Harford County in Bel Air and Aberdeen

Follow Up

The Maryland Employment Network will provide updates about Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act. Otherwise, feel free to contact Craig Dolan at the Maryland Employment Network at 410-803-7184.