MD-EN looking to fill a Career Consultant position. This full-time, contractual position is highly independent, and primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting and developing employment and on-the-job training opportunities for qualified SSA beneficiaries among businesses and business organizations throughout Maryland.
- Promoting the benefits of employing individuals with disabilities to businesses, which may include job coaching, tax credits and on-the-job training financial incentives.
- Working individually with beneficiaries to enhance job placements which match their qualifications, interests, preferences, and needs to available job openings.
- Providing follow along supports to employed individuals assigned directly to the MD-EN, including regular communication, problem-solving, benefits counseling support, and advocacy to assist individuals with maintaining employment.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Extensive experience in providing employment services to individuals with disabilities.
- Strong communication skills to effectively advocate for individuals with disabilities within the business community and to interact effectively with the individuals served by MD-EN.
- Skills and knowledge in performing job development activities to include resume development, identifying and negotiating potential jobs, and facilitating successful job placements.
- Ability to provide effective ongoing supports to assist individuals with maintaining employment.
- Ability to provide effective services in a manner that is convenient and accessible for beneficiaries throughout Maryland.
For more information, please contact MarylandEN@ticket2workmd.org.